UPDATED COVID GUIDELINES - NOVEMBER 1, 2020
As we continue to monitor state and county directives regarding the COVID-19 virus, we have implemented the following changes in our operations.
To shop at Second Chance effective November 1, 2020:
- Shoppers must wear face masks or face coverings that cover the nose and mouth at all times (per CDC, masks for children under two years of age are not recommended or required).
- A limit of 120 shoppers will be allowed in the store at any one time.
- Shoppers must sanitize their hands upon entering the store (sanitizer will be provided).
- Customers may bring their own shopping bags. A limited number of shopping bags will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Shoppers should adhere to the six-foot social distancing markers outside the entrance, as well as on the floor at the checkout line.
- Shoppers should respect others by maintaining six-foot social distancing on the sales floor.
- Children must stay with their parent/guardian while in the sales store.
- Other safety measures may be implemented on an as-needed basis.
Since it was organized in 1996, Second Chance Emporium has provided $2.9 million to Fayette County non-profit charitable organizations.
Thank you for your support of the Second Chance Emporium ministry.
To donate to Second Chance:
- * Make drop-offs Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm and Saturday, 9:00 am- 2:30 pm,
- * Leave items outside the designated drop-off area to be sanitized before they are brought inside for processing,
- * Adhere to six-foot social distancing around others making donations, as well as those manning the donations area,
- * Place item(s) in the appropriate labeled shopping carts,
- * Please do not leave donations after hours or drop them outside the gated area.
“We look forward to restarting Second Chance, while adhering to the guidelines set forth to keep both our volunteers and shoppers safe,” said Gayle Schielack, Store Director. “We will continue to monitor state and county directives regarding the COVID-19 virus and implement changes in our operations when appropriate.”
We are a non-profit resale shop serving all of Fayette County. We are run by a coalition of seven local churches representing different denominations. The majority of the work is performed by unpaid volunteers from the member churches, as well as the community at large. These churches receive no monies or in-kind donations from Second Chance for the service hours their parishioners donate.
Second Chance accepts donations of clothing, shoes, household goods, furniture, etc., in good, working, usable condition from the public, and resells items at very low prices in order to benefit the underprivileged members of our community. Profits from the sale of these items are distributed to local charities, which have applied for funding and been selected by the Second Chance Emporium's Board of Directors.
OUR NEW BUILDING IS NOW OPEN!
Our new 20,000 square foot facility is now open for business! We can accommodate many more people at any given time, with room to spare thanks to our nice, wide aisles. Be sure and visit our Facebook page for videos and photos of the new store. Also, every Thursday we post pictures of many of the items we have for sale that week.
Second Chance Matching Funds Account
Fayette Savings Bank
P O Box M
La Grange, TX 78945
Donate to our GoFundMe account: